McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board – your ultimate outdoor adventure partner.
McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board description
The McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board touring SUP is an awesome choice of inflatable longer touring paddle board. And a great piece of outdoor adventure equipment in general. Combining stability, rigidity and glide this board is aimed at progressive paddlers who want better glide than a 32″ board, but still has enough volume to carry overnight gear, in tough conditions, as efficiently as possible.
The redesigned 12’8i T inflatable paddleboard is your route to faster adventure paddling. Outdoor adventure equipment doesn’t get much better! The performance-driven 30″ wide board has a longitudinal profile and waterline that promotes glide and efficiency. The speed release hard tail and parallel fin boxes reduce drag, and the nose shape and rocker ensure that the nose cuts through chop and swell with confidence.
Offering excellent glide in the toughest of conditions, the Go Explore 12’8’i T is made of 6″ thick MXW (1) drop stitch material offering unrivalled rigidity to weight ratio. And the waterline and rocker of this board have been designed to maximise balance and minimise the impact of wind.
With a generous 412L of volume, this touring inflatable paddleboard is perfect for heavier riders and load-carrying.
The 2+1 fin system has been slightly tweaked from the 2023 model to improve efficiency and speed, and unlike most touring boards, gives you the ability to maintain tracking and stability even in shallow river environments.
Outdoor adventure paddlers apply here!
As adventurers, we know how important it is to be able to carry the board, and with multiple handles, the McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board is designed for access and egress in the most difficult of environments. And with a surfeit of D Rings, this board can carry enough gear for unsupported multi day adventures.
As always, we know our gear has been built for adventure, and is made to last. So is fully backed with a solid no-quibble 5-year warranty when you purchase a McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board.
Who is the McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board for?
If you’re a touring paddler who wants a board that can take on all challenges and all environments, no compromises, the McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board is for you.
If you’re a beginner paddleboarder wanting the ultimate compromise of stability and cruising, then this is the board for you.
If you’re an experienced paddler wanting a touring board with excellent stability and enough storage and lashing points to cope with multi day unsupported adventures, the McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board is the one for you.
Board Length 12’8′ 380cm
Board Width 32″ 8cm
Board Depth 6″ 15cm
Board Volume 379l
Board weight 10.5kg
Board carrying capacity 200kg
Board storage 8 x nose D ring storage (compatible with McConks touring deck cover), 6 x tail d-ring storage. 6mm diameter shockcord with quick release clips.
Board nose type V nose hull with nose runner
Board tail release Low profile hard edge Rail for 30% of tail of board. Significantly improves trim and efficiency over boards without a tail release
Accessory specs –
- Bag size 100cm x 40cm x 40cm.
- Bag volume 180l
- Fins 2+1 fin system. All fins parallel to centre line of board to improve efficiency and reduce drag. Centre fin is a full length US box in two pars to allow the board to rolled more easily. The 2 x side fin boxes are low profile click fit with 4 x FCS grub screw. The 2+1 fin arrangement allows you to ride single fin, twin fin or 3 x fins to cover all environments from deep water to shallow rivers.
- Deckpad 5mm thick EVA formed from different colour sections. This makes the deckpads more resistant to fading and visible damage from scratching compared to cheaper printed one piece deckpads.
Paddle options –
- Choose from our standard carbon 10 paddle (indestructible nylon blade, 10% carbon composite 3 piece shaft), our fibreglass honeycomb carbon 30%, (0% carbon composite 3 piece shaft), or our 100% carbon elite 3 piece paddle
- Complete package weight (Board + Bag + fins + leash + QR belt + repair kit) 14.5kg
- Max pressure 28PSI
- Recommended Operating Pressure 15-20PSI
- Device mounts 2 x M8 threads compatible with the full range of RAM Mounts accessories. Adaptors available to convert to M6 and 1/4-20 (ISO standard tripod thread)
- Kayak conversion attachment Yes. 4 x marine grade stainless steel d rings to attach kayak seats, and multiple D rings to allow ankle or foot brace to be attached
Sustainability and ethics
At McConks, sustainability and ethics aren’t just marketing hype. They’re at the very heart of everything we stand for and supply. Including all our paddle boards and outdoor adventure equipment. As a family of two environmental scientists and two young eco activists, we haven’t flown on holidays for over 5 years. So we practice what we preach as a family, as a well as a company.
We know the environmental cost of plastic, so wherever possible we remove plastic from our supply chain. Where we still need to use plastic, we try to only use reclaimed or recycled plastic. But when it comes to the material for our boards, only virgin plastic is good enough to make the boards strong enough and durable enough to last for at least as long as their five year warranty.
The proof’s in the pudding
And our very low warranty rate is proof of the pudding. All of our products are packaged plastic free. We maintain a well stocked repair shop, where everything from valves, bungees, fin boxes, paddle clasps and a whole lot more, can be purchased to keep your board going for as long as possible.
Free SUP MOT
New for 2024, we are also offering a free MOT with SUP services in the third year of your board’s life to make sure everything is performing as it should be. Any type of outdoor adventure equipment such as paddle boards needs to be built with longevity in mind.
All good things must, eventually, come to an end. And at the end of a boards life, all of our board fittings are fully recoverable. Sadly, the boards themselves aren’t recoverable because they contain a mix of materials. However, even if you don’t think you can repair your board, we’re sure that it can be repaired enough for a second life with a charitable cause. So we offer a FREE END OF LIFE recovery, where if you ship the board to us, we will do everything we possibly can to keep that board in use.
Premium technology at the right price
We don’t talk marketing BS. We just make the best boards, with the right material, that does the least damage to environment, at the best price. Find out more here. The McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board being a case in point.
If you find a cheaper board of a similar specification, then we can 100% guarantee that something has been compromised along the way. Whether this be less effort spent in designing, poorer specified fittings (such as handles that detach or deckpads that lift), cheaper accessories, or, as is often the case, lower quality drop stitch and/or poor Quality Assurance (QA), what you end with is a board that either is lower performance, or that simply doesn’t last as long.
As we keep saying, our boards really are made for adventure and built to last. You don’t see many other brands boards still being used in a commercial setting five years down the line!
- Drop stitch material – we only use the very best, industry leading machine X Woven double skin fusion drop stitch across our entire range. The same base material as Starboard, Gladiator Elite and a very small number of other brands. This really is the best compromise between paddleboard stability and paddle board weight.
- Rail technology – again, only the very best. We join our drop stitch material together at the rail, then cover with one rail piece, and a second rail piece. We use heat weld technology on all seams.
- Handles – all of our handles are rated for 75kg of load.
- D rings – all of our D-rings are rated for 75kg of load, and made from marine grade stainless steel.
McConks Go Explore 12’8i Tourer care
How to store your board
- To keep your McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board looking it’s best and to prevent the risk of transfer of invasive species, you should always rinse and dry all equipment before storing it.
- This also applies when moving from one waterbody to another. When packing away your board, lay it deck-up, place the pump across the nose, roll tightly, and secure with the strap.
- If storing it rolled up, avoid putting excess pressure on the straps and store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight and frost.
- It’s best to store the pump separately if possible. Alternatively, you can leave your board inflated, making sure it’s on a flat surface.
For any questions or advice about the McConks Go Explore 12’8 Tourer iSUP paddle board or any other McConks paddle board or outdoor adventure product get in touch with us here.